Discover how Carbonite Server protects systems both onsite and in the cloud with flexible restore and rapid recovery.
Complete data protection for servers
Carbonite Server securely replicates data to the local backup server while securing a second copy in the cloud. Granular restore and local failover options ensure rapid recovery and minimal data loss. With integrated hardware and cloud failover for critical systems, Carbonite Server provides reliable data protection.
- Fully integrated cloud component reduces additional costs and provides a single-vendor experience.
- Restore current or historical data from the cloud or a local appliance.
- Ensure protection for critical systems with optional push-button cloud failover.
- The local backup server connects to the host and takes a backup of the selected systems.
- The backed-up data is compressed, reducing the data footprint, minimizing the impact on the network and accelerating uploads to the cloud—since less data needs to be transferred.
- Once seeded, the server performs incremental backups, recording only changes.
- The backup server updates on a set schedule, while sending changes securely on a separate schedule to the cloud.
- Windows Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Oracle Enterprise Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise
Any hypervisor, with native integration for:
- VMware ESXi and vSphere
- Microsoft Hyper-V
Any cloud platform, including:
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- VMware vCloud Director
- Google Cloud