Carbonite Recover is a disaster recovery as a service offering that securely replicates critical systems from your primary environment to the secure Carbonite cloud.
Real-time replication and near-zero downtime
With Carbonite Recover, replication from the primary server to the cloud happens continuously at the byte level. The replica at the secondary cloud location is constantly synchronizing with the source, ensuring the currency of the data. Any outage that exceeds the failure threshold you’ve established results in immediate failover to the cloud-based replica. The total downtime or RTO, is measured in minutes, and the recovery point (RPO) is only seconds old, virtually eliminating the business impact of the outage.
Engineered for complex IT environments
The failover of a single server is fairly straightforward. But most systems are made up of interdependent, multi-tier applications. Carbonite Recover is designed to support key requirements of complex IT environments, including:
- Orchestration – Multi-tier applications often have a specific boot order, and additional needs for custom automation, to ensure the application is reconstituted appropriately. The orchestration and automation built into Carbonite Recover, along with custom script points, support these complex use cases across groups of servers.
- Performance and bandwidth – By sending tiny amounts of data across the wire on an ongoing basis, Carbonite Recover minimizes performance impact, both on the servers being protected and on the network.
- Security – All data is secured by AES-256 encryption, both in flight and at rest.
- DNS – Once your systems fail over, Carbonite Recover automates DNS updates to seamlessly redirect your users to the new systems.
Testing that builds confidence
In an outage or disaster, confidence in your data protection systems is paramount. Without it, many organizations do not trigger disaster procedures, which leaves them exposed.
The best way to mitigate this is through regular testing, which is available anytime with Carbonite Recover. These self-service tests will not disrupt operations, and our award-winning customer support team is available to triage any issues that emerge. The best business continuity plans are tested once per quarter, so we’ve engineered the solution to support regular testing at your convenience.
High availability, low overhead
Carbonite Recover securely replicates critical systems from your primary environment to the Carbonite® cloud. This ensures that an up-to-date secondary copy is available for failover at any moment, minimizing downtime as well as costs. You pay for what you use, when you use it – and not for idle resources.
- Byte-level replication maintains constant synchronization between the source and target.
- Push-button failover helps you keep critical systems online during an outage.
- RTOs as low as minutes, RPOs as low as seconds.
- Includes full on-boarding, testing and support from our professional services team.
Efficiency at every step …
- Carbonite Recover agent is deployed to the systems being protected, and the service is configured with our professional services team.
- Your systems will send data continuously, with minimal performance impact, to the Carbonite cloud.
- Our professional services team will help you perform an initial failover test.
reliable when it matters
- When an outage occurs, you can fail over to the secondary copy with just a few clicks.
- Within minutes, the cloud-based replicas will spin up and be available for use.
- With very current data and rapid recovery, many users won’t experience a disruption in service.
- Once you’re ready to fail back to your primary systems, the process is easily reversed.
- Windows Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- VMware and Hyper-V
- IBM iSeries and AIX, through Carbonite Disaster Recovery
- Solaris, through Carbonite Disaster Recovery